The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his colleagues and team members.
The following are the main responsibilities that the role holder will be accountable for:
• Supervision of Renovation, water & Sanitation and MHM related activities at field level.
• Study the project documents (construction drawings & specifications) in detail, keeping in view Implementation Work Plan, and discuss the quarries with line manager/Program Engineer, if any, to reduce the threats of delayed work progress.
• Maintain the Measurement Book (MB) of work done at site in presence of contractor’s representative on daily basis and should be signed by both representatives.
• Workout the total actual quantities of all as per construction drawings and specifications.
• To ensure the layouts, levels and all activities at site. Either construction works are being done as per drawings and specifications or not.
• To prepare the shop drawings of different activities as per requirement.
• For maintaining the records of all documentation (hard & soft copies) and pictorial progress.
• To be able to get different materials sampling, on different intervals, for testing and quality work assurance.
• To prepare daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports to submit to his supervisor.
• Motivate and morally/technically support the contractor, communities and his team for managing a perfect material supply chain, and closely follow-up them for arranging materials before planned execution/consumption date/time of that material.
• Analyze and prepare plans for material requisitions.
• Assist to Design all work plans and identify and resolve all construction issues on site.
• Document all civil field activities and perform regular inspection to check progress of construction works.
• Assist in performing quality assurance inspection to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
• Processing daily project documentation and construction observations.
• Preparing correspondence to the Contractor and donor agency.
• Preparing weekly project status updates
• Performing other duties as required by the work and assigned by the Project manager any other task assigned by supervisor.
• Conduct regular field visits with 80% time in field and 20% for reporting.
Public Relations / Media
• Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to the headquarters.
Safety and Security
• Ensure all personnel of the organization understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security.
• Liaise with the local Sr. Supply Chain Officer to ensure compliance with the organization’s Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
• Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office and the organization’s Security Officer/Security Focal person.
• Determine and install the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
• Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with the organization’s administrative policies and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
• Ensure with the Finance the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s financial management and accounting systems for all the organization’s assessment and response activities and assets.
• Coordinate mobilization of financial resources related to the organization’s activities.
• Ensure with the Logistics the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system as per the organization’s procurement guidelines.
• Ensure with the Logistics the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure (warehousing /transport/distribution) and associated operating/management /monitoring systems.
• Demonstration of the organization’s Values while working with teams/stakeholders.
• Empowering others to ensure procedural accountability.
• Knowledge of the organization’s strategic priorities.
• Collaboration & networking with others for continuous improvement.
• Adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches in your domain
• Respect & promote the workplace diversity with special focus on inclusion
• Exposure at field level to internalize the implementation philosophy
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Location: Districts Peshawar & District Orakzai. Preference will be given to potential Local Candidates of respective districts.
Positions: 02 (male).
Construction Site Management, Construction Management, Civil Supervistion, Instruments Drawings,