The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his / her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and team members.
- Regular coordination with the relevant stakeholders (communities, Govt. “(Directorate of livestock & dairy development (merged districts secretariat), Peshawar”, “Directorate of Agriculture Extension Government of Khyber Pukhtunkhwa”, “AD–livestock & dairy development-Orakzai” & “District Director Agriculture Orakzai”, “LEAs and other humanitarian national and international NGOs and INGOs”) working in Orakzai for project communication & representation.
- Develop multiple assessment formats with consultation of MEAL team, field team, technical specialist & concern authorities.
- Organize / be responsible for the Identification of market oriented, commercial value chains, in close cooperation with Government of KPK line Departments and private stakeholders, in particular with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural products.
- Formulate value chain assessment/ToR for value chain study of walnut and poultry in consultation with livelihood specialist and line government departments.
- Conduct commodity value chain analyses, in close cooperation with Government of KPK line Departments and private stakeholders, in particular with input suppliers traders, buyers and end users of horticultural products.
- Contribute to the development of supply chain work plans under the supervision of FSL specialists.
- Hands on support / facilitation of stakeholders in the supply chain to achieve their goals and objectives, jointly formulated with support of the team.
- Contribute to the analysis of the marketing and input supply arrangements per supply chain and the training of participants in identifying market opportunities, linkages, impediments and bottlenecks.
- Identification of market opportunities and impediments for supply chain development and to develop strategies to solve bottleneck and to capture opportunities together with stakeholders.
- Development of walnut and poultry value chain business opportunities, customized to the specific circumstances of KP and to facilitate farmers, traders and other supply chain actors to successfully market their products.
- Screen and analyses ongoing and completed walnut and poultry and value chains project for opportunities for up scaling, extension and dissemination.
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing market intelligence, information about markets and market partners and develop sustainable value chains and walnut and poultry opportunities.
- Identification, assessments and registration of beneficiary according to set criteria for livelihoods activities.
- Management of beneficiary tracking sheet (MIS, management information system).
- Endorsement of livelihoods beneficiaries & packages from the concern department & District Administration.
- Develop success stories with consultation of MEAL department & Country office Media & Communications department.
- Proper maintain project before, during and after pictorial views for record keeping.
- Document in a timely manner, all progress, challenges, and learning for future implementation of the similar projects and accountability.
- Conduct regular field visits with 80% time in field and 20% for reporting.
- Submit periodic monthly and quarterly progress reports as required by project management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Project Management within the area of technical competence.
Public Relations / Media
- Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to the headquarters.
Safety and Security
- Ensure all personnel of the organization understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security.
- Liaise with the local Sr. Supply Chain Officer to ensure compliance with the organization’s Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office and the organization’s Security Officer/Security Focal person.
- Determine and install the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
- Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with the organization’s administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
- Ensure with the Finance the establishment and maintenance of the organization’s financial management and accounting systems for all the organization’s assessment and response activities and assets.
- Coordinate mobilization of financial resources related to the organization’s activities.
- Ensure with the Logistics the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system as per the organization’s procurement guidelines.
- Ensure with the Logistics the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure (warehousing /transport/distribution) and associated operating/management /monitoring systems.
- Demonstration of the organization’s Values while working with teams/stakeholders.
- Empowering others to ensure procedural accountability.
- Knowledge of the organization’s strategic priorities.
- Collaboration & networking with others for continuous improvement.
- Adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches in your domain
- Respect & promote the workplace diversity with special focus on inclusion
- Exposure at field level to internalize the implementation philosophy
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols.
- We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
- Districts Orakzai. Preference will be given to potential Local Candidates of respective district.
Positions: 01 (male/female)
- Urdu, English and local languages.
- Pashto language is essential and tribal Pashto dialect will be an additional asset.
Household, Livelihood, Food Security, Business Management Solutions,