The Project Officer will lead and manage the humanitarian response activities implementation in Peshawar urban under the supervision of Programme Coordinator KP by ensuring improved and effective delivery of humanitarian aid and emergency response. Develop and maintain coordination mechanism with concerned stakeholders as well as weekly & monthly reports for CO/HQ and donors agencies.
The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and team members.
• Assessments, Programme Design, Planning and implementation
• Working in close coordination with Program Coordinator KP, APM and MEAL team to ensure routine project related assessments are executed and monthly quarterly and final reports are submitted timely and implementation and exit strategies are developed.
• Ensure close liaison and coordination with concerned line departments for identification of potential schemes/activities and endorsement of schemes.
• Ensure regular participation in clusters meetings at district and provincial levels.
• Assist Area office in the development, revision and implementation of program plans and ensures these plans fall within the Organisation’s strategic dimensions.
• Development of project business process, procurement plan, HR plan and visibility plan with the consultation of team and management.
• Ensure regular participation in government bi-weekly and monthly progress review meetings or need based meetings.
• Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed programme and strategy.
• Assist and advise the Head of Programmes securing donor funding in the project implementation area
• Oversee project design and proposal preparations for institutional and public funding in accordance with the Head Quarters practice.
• Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly;
• Ensure adequate monitoring and reporting framework in place and quality standards are observed, followed and institutionalized at management, administration and operational levels;
• Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and cohesive manner.
• Ensure the Organisations activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
• Ensure proper inauguration of schemes through District administration and government elected representatives.
• Proper review of multiple reports with consultation of concern thematic leads.
General Management and Leadership
• Ensure the Organisations member and mission from Head Quarters are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour;
• Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s, UN agencies, provincial and local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present;
• Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale.
• Ensure all project staff understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, Organisations International Code and SPHERE.
• Conduct performance appraisals of project staff and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance;
• Ensure the Area Management and are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
• Conduct regular field visits with 40% time in field, 40% Coordination with stakeholders and 20% for reporting.
Public Relations / Media
• Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to the Head Quarters.
Safety and Security
• Ensure all the Organisations personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security;
• Liaise with the local Sr. supply chain officer to ensure compliance with the Organisations Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context;
• Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office and the Organisations Security Officer/Security Focal person.
• Determine and install the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
• Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with the Organisations administrative policies and procedures;
• Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
• Ensure with the Finance the establishment and maintenance of the Organisations financial management and accounting systems for all assessment and response activities and assets.
• Coordinate mobilisation of financial resources related to the Organisations activities.
• Ensure with the Logistics the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system as per the Organisations procurement guidelines;
• Ensure with the Logistics the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure (warehousing / transport / distribution) and associated operating / management /monitoring systems
• Demonstration of the Organsiations Values while working with teams / stakeholders.
• Empowering others to ensure procedural accountability.
• Knowledge of the Organisations strategic priorities.
• Collaboration & networking with others for continuous improvement.
• Adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches in your domain
• Respect & promote the workplace diversity with special focus on inclusion
• Exposure at field level to internalize the implementation philosophy
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Master’s degree preferably in Public Administration MPA/ MBA/ Development Studies/ Social Sciences etc.
Minimum of 05 years of humanitarian aid experience with master’s degree / Bachelor with 8 years of experience in relevant projects, complex and natural disasters etc.
Location: District Peshawar. (Preference will be given to potential candidates of District Peshawar).
The candidate shall be computer literate and having good skills of MS office, MS excel and power point.
Conducting Meetings at District level and Provincial level.
Good interpersonal skill
The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments.
Strong understanding of the humanitarian operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management
He or She must have experience of working for a Humanitarian Organization specifically in the context of Peshawar Urban areas.
English, Urdu, Pashto language is compulsory. Tribal Pashto dialect will be an additional asset.
Key Personal Qualities:
Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of IR. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to IRs core values and humanitarian principles.
Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
Knowledge and application of Sphere Standards, Humanitarian Principles, telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills and other guiding principles during interaction with conflict affected communities.
Good skills in English (oral and written) including excellent writing skills, however command over Pashto language is very desirable.
Value Added Skills;
Relevant experience of working with humanitarian/development sector/INGOs
Working knowledge of regional languages of Pakistan.
Communication Skills, End to End Project Management, Project Coordination, Project Administration,