• Conduct broad based community meetings (BBCM) / stake holders workshop at community level
• Conduct needs assessment / base line / surveys for data collection in the defined project areas
• Identification & prioritization of most vulnerable / marginalized villages through PRA tools.
• Initial contacts & programme introduction of project in the targeted village
• Formation, revitalization, strengthening of village / community development committees / organizations by ensuring inclusion of all segments of society on sustainable basis.
• Responsible for signing term of partnership (TOP) with committees (Cos/ VOs / LSO).
• Identification & prioritization of the most pressing needs of the communities through PRA tools (issues prioritization).
• Conduct regular meetings with community organizations for raising awareness about their entitlement i.e. social, economic & rights.
• Capacity building of communities in terms of development of new proposals, CMST, LMST / refreshers / exposure visits, advocacy planning and campaigning etc.
• Motivating the communities for the monthly contribution of saving schemes
• Facilitate & support other sectoral leads at ground in need identification / prioritization & verification of the project interventions / activities.
• Close coordination with relevant stake holders working in the project targeted areas.
• Conducting community awareness sessions i.e. (health and hygiene) and organize various training sessions / workshops / Campaigns / Special Events for the members of local community organizations (social forestry, community participation in development, women in development)
• Regular follow up and monitoring of project activities & timely reporting of identified gaps with best possible solutions.
• Facilitate in arrangement of organization / donors visits to project areas.
• Conduct CO / VO / LSO profiling i.e. collection of primary level data for situation analysis of the communities and compilation of surveys being conducted on various issues in the programme/project area.
• Conduct thorough community mobilization process with key advocacy objectives
• Preparation of weekly / monthly work plans against PMT (performance measured time frame) by ensuring timely completion of assigned tasks in stipulated time period.
• Maintenance of hard record that includes field visits reports, CO meeting minutes, beneficiary data, assessment record, distribution record & other documentation.
• Ensure appropriate beneficiary’s data collection & screening prior to making any transaction
• Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per desired standard
• Extend support to MEAL / MIS / Communications staff for gathering desired information.
• Ensure availability of up to date info in MIS on regular basis with consultation of MIS / M&E.
• Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of project activities.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Bachelor / Master Degree in Social Sciences
Minimum experience of similar role in NGO setup:
6 months with Master degree and/or 1 year with Bachelor degree
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Pahari, Hindko, Punjabi, Urdu, Pushto, Sindhi and English
Key Personal Qualities:
· Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
· Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
· Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
· Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
· Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills:
· Advance level Social Mobilization
· PRA / RRA Tools
· DRR / Resilience / Climate Change
· Advocacy & Campaigning
· GBV / Protection
· Health & Hygiene Promotion
· Monitoring & Accountability
· Water, Health & Sanitation
· Food Security & Livelihood
MS Office, Social Mobilization & Advocacy, PRA Toll, Communication Skills, Reporting Writing,