Assessment, Programme Design and Planning
· Working in close coordination with APM, Programme Coordinator and MEAL team to ensure routine project related assessments are executed and monthly, quarterly and final reports are submitted timely and implementation and exit strategies are developed.
· Assist AO/Country Office in the development, revision and implementation of program plans and ensures these plans fall within the organization’s strategic dimensions.
· Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed programme and strategy.
· Assist and advise the Head of Programmes securing donor funding in the project implementation area
· Oversee project design and proposal preparations for institutional and public funding in accordance with the organizational practice.
· Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly;
· Ensure adequate monitoring and reporting framework in place and quality standards are observed, followed, and institutionalized at management, administration, and operational levels;
· Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and cohesive manner.
· Ensure project activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response
General Management and Leadership
· Ensure staff member and mission from HQ are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour;
· Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGO’s, UN agencies, provincial and local government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present;
· Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale.
· Ensure all project staff understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values, organizations International Code and SPHERE.
· Conduct performance appraisals of project staff and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance;
· Ensure the Area Management are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
Public Relations / Media
· Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to HQ.
Safety and Security
· Ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security;
· Liaise with the local Security Focal Person to ensure compliance with organizational Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context;
· Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office and HQ Security Officer/Security Focal person.
· Determine and install the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
· Ensure that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with organizations administrative policies and procedures;
· Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
· Ensure with the Finance Officer the establishment and maintenance of financial management and accounting systems for all organizational assessment and response activities and assets.
· Coordinate mobilization of financial resources related to organizational activities.
· Ensure with the supply chain the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system as per organizational procurement guidelines;
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values & principles, vision and mission as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications (Bullet Points)
· Postgraduate degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Monitoring and Evaluation, etc.
· Strong understanding of the humanitarian operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management
· An Excellent understanding of the current Disaster Risk Reduction Strategies in Country
· He or She must have experience of working for a Humanitarian Organization specifically in the context of Balochistan Districts.
Experience (Bullet Points)
· Relevant experience (Master with 3 years/Bachelor with 6 years).
WASH, Project Management, Humanitarian Intervention,