The job holder is accountable for fulfilling his / her roles and responsibilities in line with Islamic values and principles of fairness, humanity, honesty, respect and fair treatment of his/her colleagues and team members.
The following are the main responsibilities that the role holder will be accountable for:
- Supervision of WASH construction activities at field
- Study the project documents (construction drawings & specifications) in detail, keeping in view Implementation Work Plan, and discuss the quarries with line manager/Program Engineer, if any, to reduce the threats of delayed work progress.
- Maintain the Measurement Book (MB) of work done at site in presence of contractor’s representative on daily basis and should be signed by both representatives.
- Workout the total actual quantities of all as per construction drawings and specifications.
- To ensure the layouts, levels and all activities at site. Either construction works are being done as per drawings and specifications or not.
- To prepare the shop drawings of different activities as per requirement.
- For maintaining the records of all documentation (hard & soft copies) and pictorial progress.
- To be able to get different materials sampling, on different intervals, for testing and quality work assurance.
- To prepare daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports to submit to his supervisor.
- Motivate and morally/ technically support the contractor, communities and his team for managing a perfect material supply chain. And closely follow-up them for arranging materials before planned execution/consumption date/time of that material.
- Analyse and prepare plans for material requisitions.
- Assist to Design all work plans and identify and resolve all construction issues on site.
- Document all civil field activities and perform regular inspection to check progress of construction works.
- Assist in performing quality assurance inspection to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Processing daily project documentation and construction observations.
- Preparing correspondence to the Contractor and donor agency.
- Preparing weekly project status updates
- Performing other duties as required by the work and assigned by the Project manager any other task assigned by supervisor.
- Conduct regular field visits with 80% time in field and 20% for reporting.
Public Relations / Media
· Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to the headquarters.
Safety and Security
· Liaise with the supply chain department & project lead to ensure compliance with the organisation’s Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context;
· Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the District Coordinator and the organisation’s Security Officer/Security Focal person.
· Follow the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements;
· Ensure that administrative support functions are supported in accordance with the organisation’s administrative policies and procedures;
· Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
Ensure with the Finance department, the maintenance of the organisation’s financial protocols and accounting systems for all field interventions.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and adherence with organizational values and principles as well as a commitment to its vision, mission & core values.
The organization is committed to provide a healthy work environment and have comprehensive systems in place for safeguarding and PSEA.
Number of positions: 01 (male)
Job Location: North Waziristan
· BS/ B-Tech Civil Engineering/ or DAE-Civil with relevant experience.
Relevant experience (Three years).
- The candidate shall be computer literate and having good skills of MS office, MS excel, power point and AutoCAD.
- Have good communication Skills, can effectively communicate with local communities.
- Can work in Stressed environment and have ability to meet deadlines.
- Have time management skills.
· Urdu, English and local languages
· Pashto language and tribal Pashto dialect will be an additional asset
Key Personal Qualities:
· People Management Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrate good community management skills and is able to support the disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
· Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the organisation. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
· Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to organisation's core values and humanitarian principles.
· Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
· Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
· Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Knowledge and application of Sphere Standards, Humanitarian Principles, telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills and other guiding principles during interaction with Disaster affected communities.
· Good skills in English (oral and written) including excellent writing skills, however command over Pashto language is very desirable.
Value Added Skills
· Relevant experience of working with humanitarian/development sector/INGOs
· Working knowledge of regional languages of Pakistan.
CPIs, ERP Systems, MS Office, WASH, AutoCAD,