The incumbent will be responsible for quality implementation of WASH CPIs interventions in line with organization’s strategy within assigned area, ensure effective service delivery and provision of technical assistance to communities in WASH related matters.
KEY RESULT AREAS
(Only key points to be mentioned rather than activities)
- Planning and implementation of WASH CPIs/activities as per business process / project documents at field level
- Lead on technical feasibilities (site selection, preparation of drawings, specifications & BOQs) as per Humanitarian & engineering standards
- Ensure Quality and quantity assurance on construction sites
- Prepare basic technical information during proposal development at field level
- Capacity building of communities & subordinates on technical grounds
- Performance management of subordinates (Sub Engineers, Water Quality Analyst, Hygiene Promoter, any other skilled worker) where applicable
(Only key points to be mentioned rather than activities.
- Development of integrated work plans for timely implementation
- Coordination (internal & external stakeholders) related to WASH CPIs
- Record management – Cost estimates , BOQs, drawings, construction plans, Measurement book, daily field visit reports, project documents etc
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, ERP systems, AutoCad
- Communication, Planning & Scheduling, Time, Stress & Conflict Management, Situation handling, Leadership Skills, Work load & team management
(Only key points to be mentioned rather than activities)
- Demonstration of organization’s Values while working with teams / communities
- Empowering communities to ensure organizational accountability
- Knowledge of organization’s strategic priorities
- Identification & documentation of organizational successes
- Adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches / activities for community development
- Special attention to inclusion during the implementation.
- Strengthen mechanism to influence the decision makers through communities’ advocacy & campaigning.
KEYACCOUNTABILITIES (Bullets Points)
· Develop in depth understanding of project documents (construction drawings & specifications) as well as business process / DIP for planning & implementation WASH CPIs activities.
· Lead on technical feasibility / assessment (site identification, material, labour, transportation, supplies etc) of WASH & CPI’s activities prior implementation to ensure sustainability & cost effectiveness as well as agreed time frame of project at field level.
· Ensure adherence to humanitarian standards (Sphere, Do no harm, Humanitarian principles, Core Humanitarian standards, Red Cross code of conduct) & applicable engineering standards (ACI Codes, ASTM codes, British standard, Pak Building codes, Building construction practices).
· Perform quality & quantity assurance checks by paying regular visits to construction sites to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
· Assist local teams in preparation of basic technical information (cost estimates for both rehabilitation work & initiation of new schemes) related to WASH for development of new project’s proposals at field level.
· Lead on capacity building initiatives for communities (effective utilization of available resources with future sustainability aspect) & subordinates on technical level to meet job requirements.
· Lead on Identification & hiring of construction teams and labour while working in close collaboration with supply chain department.
· Responsible for management of skilled (Sub Engineers, Water Quality Analyst, Hygiene Promoter, any other skilled worker) & unskilled workers (labour, survey team etc), documentation of performance feedback, grievance handling and other day to day affairs where applicable.
· Identify, Analyse and resolve all technical issues in all files, projects and ensure efficient interpretation of all design drawings and maintain all Quality Control procedures in projects.
· Recommend purchase of specialized equipment required for implementation of the WASH activities.
· Take part in supplier selection process by evaluating the samples against specifications given in approved BOQs/estimates at field level as & when needed.
· Processing daily project documentation and construction observations.
· Designing integrated work plans in collaboration with teams from other departments/thematic areas.
· Coordinate with internal (Senior Field Engineer, Senior Project Officer, APM, other sector leads at area level) & external (Clusters, contractors, public health department, other Organization’s representatives working in project areas, community activists, COs, VOs and beneficiary households) stakeholders related to WASH CPIs and other matters of mutual interest.
· In place contingency plan to deal with external factors affecting or may affect the field activities
· Ensure availability of completion certificate for each communal or household activity is in hand and signed by beneficiaries, committee representative and relevant sub engineer and also handing over to relevant department
· Ensure preparation & record management of Measurement Books with agreement of vendor
· Maintenance of record (hard & soft) that includes but not limited to Cost estimates , BoQs, drawings, construction plans, Measurement book, daily field visit reports, material requisition, pictorial progress & other documentation.
· Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports for management’s info.
· Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per desired standard
· Extend support to MEAL / MIS / Communications staff for gathering desired information.
· Ensure availability of up to date info in MIS on regular basis with consultation of MIS / M&E.
· Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of project activities.
· Ensure compliance with organization’s policies & procedures in true spirit for effective delivery of services to communities.
· In depth understanding of organization’s values and their demonstration in the field while working with communities.
· Abide by the organization’s zero tolerance policy towards bribery & corruption through sensitization / empowerment of communities on coping mechanism so that they can raise voice as & when feel inappropriate.
· Thorough knowledge of organization’s strategic priorities to ensure effective implementation with future sustainability.
· Assist in identification & documentation of organizational successes for show casing organization’s work
· Facilitate communities in adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches to meet their current as well as future needs with specific attention to climate change.
· Focused efforts to be made for mainstreaming of marginalized groups i.e. Persons with disability and old age, minorities, Women & children etc in consultation & implementation of project activities at ground.
· Strengthen mechanism to Influence the decision makers through communities to pay attention towards DRR planning, give voice to suffering and the excluded, highlighting the protection needs of people.
· Participation and facilitation in implementation of organization’s seasonal programmes.
Microsoft Office, Material And Water Quality Testing, Structure Designing,