· Develop an depth understanding of project documents electrical related matters.
· Also where needed lead on technical feasibility/assessment (site identification, material, labour, transportation, supplies etc) of WASH & CPI’s activities prior to implementation to ensure sustainability & cost-effectiveness as well as the agreed time frame of the project at field level.
· Ensure adherence to humanitarian standards (Sphere, Do no harm, Humanitarian principles, Core Humanitarian Standards, Red Cross code of conduct) & applicable engineering standards (ACI Codes, ASTM codes, British standard, Pak Building codes, Building construction practices).
· Perform quality & quantity assurance checks by paying regular visits to construction sites to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
· Lead on capacity building initiatives for communities (effective utilization of available resources with future sustainability aspect) & subordinates on a technical level to meet job requirements.
· Lead on Identification & hiring of construction teams and labour while working in close collaboration with supply chain department.
· Identify, Analyse and resolve all technical issues in all files, projects and ensure efficient interpretation of all design drawings and maintain all Quality Control procedures in projects.
· Processing daily project documentation and construction observations.
· Designing integrated work plans in collaboration with teams from other departments/thematic areas.
· Coordinate with internal (APM, Senior Engineer, other sector leads at area level) & external (Clusters, contractors, public health department, other organization’s representatives working in project areas, community activists, COs, VOs and beneficiary households) stakeholders.
· In place contingency plan to deal with external factors affecting or may affect the field activities
· Ensure availability of completion certificate for each communal or household activity is in hand and signed by beneficiaries, committee representative and relevant sub engineer and also handing over to relevant department
· Ensure preparation & record management of Measurement Books with agreement of vendor
· Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports for management’s info.
· Ensure proper filling of forms & formats as per desired standard
· Extend support to MEAL / MIS / Communications staff for gathering desired information.
· Ensure availability of up to date info in MIS on regular basis with consultation of MIS / M&E.
· Close coordination with line manager for effective implementation of project activities.
· Ensure compliance with the Organization’s policies & procedures in true spirit for effective delivery of services to communities.
· In depth understanding of the Organisational values and their demonstration in the field while working with communities.
· Abide by the Organisation’s zero tolerance policy towards bribery & corruption through sensitization/empowerment of communities on coping mechanism so that they can raise voice as & when feel inappropriate.
· Thorough knowledge of the Organisation’s strategic priorities to ensure effective implementation with future sustainability.
· Assist in identification & documentation of organizational successes for show casing the Organisation’s work
· Facilitate communities in adaptation of environment friendly & cost effective approaches to meet their current as well as future needs with specific attention to climate change.
· Focused efforts to be made for mainstreaming of marginalized groups i.e. Persons with disability and old age, minorities, Women & children etc in consultation & implementation of project activities at ground.
· Strengthen mechanism to Influence the decision makers through communities to pay attention towards DRR planning, give voice to suffering and the excluded, highlighting the protection needs of people.
· Participation and facilitation in implementation of the Organisations seasonal programmes.
It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and adherence with organizational values and principles as well as commitment to its vision, mission & core values.
The organization is committed to provide a healthy work environment and have comprehensive systems in place for safeguarding and PSEA (Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse).
Number of positions: 01 (male)
Job Location: Peshawar/Khyber
Preference will be given to local candidates of district Khyber.
Bsc/B.Tech / B.E Electrical
Minimun experience of 02 years with BE Electrical or 04 years with B.Sc/B.Tech
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity, AutoCAD
Pushto, Urdu and English
Key Personal Qualities:
· Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
· Able to work under extreme conditions in field areas.
· Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language which delivers information with clarity in a wide range of situations.
· Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrance in achievement of entrusted goals / objectives.
· Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
· Structure designing
· Surveying & Levelling of construction projects
· Material & Water Quality testing
· Quality assurance & safety standards
· Humanitarian & Engineering standards
· Health & Hygiene Promotion
· Water & Sanitation
· Monitoring & Accountability
· DRR / Resilience / Climate Change
ERP Systems, MS Office, ASTM Codes, ACI Codes, Electrical Code, Electrical Panel Design, Electric Power, Electrical Controls Design,