The following are the main responsibilities that the role holder will be accountable for:
- Formation & reactivation of PTCs and subcommittee in the project area as per need.
- Capacity building of the community organization through orientation and in-house trainings.
- Carrying out need assessment in the project targeted schools as per scope of the project.
- Resolve conflict among the target community through effective dialogue.
- Ensure sustainability of project interventions through maintaining saving habits in community especially PTCs.
- Proper record keeping of project activities and maintaining PTCs record registers.
- To keep external coordination when required and shall keep internal coordination all the time for smooth implementation of the project.
- Conduct regular meeting with PTCs and ensure community ownership in project activities.
- Provide data to maintain a regular database system in the MIS (management information system) of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure all activities are complied with project regulations and implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Consult with the supervisor regarding appropriate adjustments in program design or implementation strategies.
- Conduct social feasibilities for physical infrastructure schemes of the project.
- Assist and facilitate project staff at field level for smooth implementation of project activities.
- Develop case studies to reflect project impacts.
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly work plans and timely submission of activities reports.
Public Relations / Media
- Support the PR/Media team in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to the headquarters.
Safety and Security
- Liaise with the local Sr. supply chain officer to ensure compliance with the organizations Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the District Coordinator and the organizations Security Officer/Security Focal person.
- Follow the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that administrative support functions are supported in accordance with the organizations administrative policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
- Ensure with the Finance department, the maintenance of the organizations financial protocols and accounting systems for all field interventions.
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and adherence with organizational values and principles as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols.
- We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
- The organization is committed to provide a healthy work environment and have comprehensive systems in place for safeguarding and PSEA (protection from sexual exploitation and abuse).
Number of positions:
- Graduate preferably Master / Bachelor Degree holder in social science.
- Relevant experience (06 months with Masters / 01 year with bachelors).
- The candidate shall be computer literate and having good skills of MS office, MS excel and power point.
- Motivation and skill enhancement (capacity development) of communities to increase their income level
- Social mobilization for replication of the on-farm demonstrated techniques
- Arrangement for various training events of efficient techniques in different growing stages of crops
- Good interpersonal skill
- Urdu, English and local languages
- Pashto language and tribal Pashto dialect will be an additional asset
Key Personal Qualities:
People Management Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrate good community management skills and is able to support the disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the organization.
- This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to the organizations core values and humanitarian principles.
Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility:
- Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions.
- Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
Awareness and sensitivity of self and others:
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and application of Sphere Standards, Humanitarian Principles, telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills and other guiding principles during interaction with Disaster affected communities.
- Good skills in English (oral and written) including excellent writing skills, however command over Pashto language is very desirable.
Value Added Skills
- Relevant experience of working with humanitarian/development sector/INGOs
- Working knowledge of regional languages of Pakistan.
Conflict Resolution, Interpersonal Skills, ERP Systems, Community Mobilization,