The following are the main responsibilities that the role holder will be accountable for:
- Supervision of Renovation, water & Sanitation and MHM related activities at field level.
- Study the project documents (construction drawings & specifications) in detail, keeping in view Implementation Work Plan, and discuss the quarries with line manager/Program Engineer, if any, to reduce the threats of delayed work progress.
- Maintain the Measurement Book (MB) of work done at site in presence of contractor’s representative on daily basis and should be signed by both representatives.
- Workout the total actual quantities of all as per construction drawings and specifications.
- To ensure the layouts, levels and all activities at site. Either construction works are being done as per drawings and specifications or not.
- To prepare the shop drawings of different activities as per requirement.
- For maintaining the records of all documentation (hard & soft copies) and pictorial progress.
- To be able to get different materials sampling, on different intervals, for testing and quality work assurance.
- To prepare daily, weekly, monthly and other progress reports to submit to his supervisor.
- Motivate and morally/ technically support the contractor, communities and his team for managing a perfect material supply chain.
- And closely follow-up them for arranging materials before planned execution/consumption date/time of that material.
- Analyse and prepare plans for material requisitions.
- Assist to Design all work plans and identify and resolve all construction issues on site.
- Document all civil field activities and perform regular inspection to check progress of construction works.
- Assist in performing quality assurance inspection to verify the work is performed in compliance with the plans and specifications.
- Processing daily project documentation and construction observations.
- Preparing correspondence to the Contractor and donor agency.
- Preparing weekly project status updates
- Performing other duties as required by the work and assigned by the Project manager any other task assigned by supervisor.
- Conduct regular field visits with 80% time in field and 20% for reporting.
Public Relations / Media
- Following the organizations media policy, supporting the Media team in the development of project pictures, case studies, documentaries and write-ups for donor agencies to attract more funding opportunities.
Safety and Security
- Liaise with the supply chain department & project lead to ensure compliance with the organization Security Guidelines and their effective application in the local context.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the District Coordinator and the organizations Security Officer/Security Focal person.
- Follow the appropriate communications means to meet operational and security requirements.
- Ensure that administrative support functions are supported in accordance with the organizations administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements.
Financial Management and Planning
- Ensure with the Finance department, the maintenance of the organizations financial protocols and accounting systems for all field interventions.
- It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and adherence with organizational values and principles as well as commitment to its SEAH (sexual exploitation abuse and harassment) protocols.
- We have zero tolerance policy towards SEAH and doesn’t support any action that promote or encourage SEAH.
- The organization is committed to provide a healthy work environment and have comprehensive systems in place for safeguarding and PSEA (protection from sexual exploitation and abuse).
- BS/ B-Tech Civil Engineering/ or DAE-Civil with relevant experience.
- Minimum 02 years with B. Tech / 03 years with DAE
- The candidate shall be computer literate and having good skills of MS office, MS excel, power point and AutoCAD.
- Have good communication Skills, can effectively communicate with local communities.
- Can work in Stressed environment and have ability to meet deadlines.
- Have time management skills.
- Urdu, English and local languages
- Pashto language and tribal Pashto dialect will be an additional asset
Key Personal Qualities:
People Management Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrate good community management skills and is able to support the disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of the organization.
- This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to the organizations core values and humanitarian principles.
Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility:
- Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions
- Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
Awareness and sensitivity of self and others:
Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and application of Sphere Standards, Humanitarian Principles, telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills and other guiding principles during interaction with Disaster affected communities.
- Good skills in English (oral and written) including excellent writing skills, however command over Pashto language is very desirable.
Value Added Skills
- Relevant experience of working with humanitarian/development sector/INGOs
- Working knowledge of regional languages of Pakistan.
Interpersonal Skills, Civil Design, AutoCAD, المهارات الهاتفية,